Federation for Informatics Professionals
The Federation for Informatics Professionals (FEDIP) brings individuals and organisations together to share knowledge, promote standards and unlock potential in the informatics community.
- Connect with the UK health informatics community to share knowledge and grow your network
- Help to develop professional standards and ensure the best use of information technology in health and care
- Take your place on the IP public register and gain wider professional recognition
- Demonstrate your competence and experience to colleagues, employers and wider society
- Play your part in shaping the informatics profession and transforming modern healthcare
Is it for me?
You're ready to apply for IP registration if you:
- work in a professional informatics role using data and technology to support health and care delivery
- perform a range of activities including complex and non-routine tasks
- understand how your role impacts upon patient care
- demonstrate quality and integrity in your work
What are the requirements?
- You're assessed against the criteria set out in the FEDIP standard
- You need to be a member of a professional body licenced to award FEDIP:
- APHA: Association of Professional Healthcare Analysts
- BCS: The Chartered Institute for IT
- CILIP: Chartered Institute of Librarians and Information Professionals
- IHRIM: Institute of Health Records and Information Management
- SOCITIM Society for IT practitioners in the public sector (Corporate membership model)
How to apply